Monday, April 15, 2013

Youth Leaders

Last night DD4 and I attended a very nice "Transition Meeting" to celebrate all of the beautiful Young Women in our Stake who will be graduating from High School this year and moving on to college, jobs, and even missionary service.  The main purpose of the evening was to celebrate these Young Women and their accomplishments and to introduce them to the Relief Society Organization that they all will soon be members of.  I'm excited for DD4 to become a member of Relief Society when she leaves home this fall.  I'm also very grateful for all of the wonderful Youth Leaders who have been there to teach, guide, love, plan activities, chaperone activities and just plain old be a supportive friend and example to my daughter throughout her teenage years.  Many were there last night, and many others were not, since they have gone on to other responsibilities.  I can't help but think of and be so very grateful to all of the wonderful men and women who have taught and advised all of my 6 children in the past 20 plus years.  They say it takes a village to raise a child, and I'm very grateful to everyone who has been a part of my family's village.

No comments:

Post a Comment