Monday, April 22, 2013

Sunday

Sunday was a busy day.  I was in meetings for about seven hours, and when I arrived home I was quite tired.  But it was a good kind of tired.  Sunday has been set aside as a day of rest; a day to rest from our everyday labors.  That doesn't always mean a long Sunday nap.  At least not for Sundays like this past Sunday.  But it was a rest from the usual work and worries of the week.  I was able to take the sacrament and renew my baptismal covenants twice.  I was able to listen to good friends and neighbors share lessons and testimonies and thoughts and expriences that helped to build my faith.  I was able to listen to a good bishop and stake presidency member give sound counsel and advice.  I was able to practice my rusty spanish.  I was able to sit with and get to know some very beautiful and cute latino children.  I was able to listen to new primary leaders who are having some struggles with their callings, and hopefully give them some encouragement and maybe some new ideas.  It was a rest from my usual worries and challenges. 

I enjoy my Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment