Saturday, April 6, 2013

General Conference and Rain

"When the saints meet, the Heavens weep." is an old saying that often applies to LDS General Conference time.  We do often get rain this time of year, and this weekend has been no exception.  Yesterday we woke to gloomy skies, and before the morning was over it was raining.  However, it did clear up in the afternoon, the sun was shining, and it was very pleasant outside.  After work I spent several hours working in the yard, mowing the lawn, and pulling dead weeds from last year.  Granted there is still much to do, but I'm grateful that I was able to make some progress on the yard work.  The lawn is green and growing well, my peas and spinach plants are above the ground, and there are many signs of spring.  Even the lilac bush is leafing out!

The time is here.  Within minutes the first session of General Conference is set to begin.  I'm pulling out the yellow legal pad, and getting ready to make notes of what I need to do in the next six months!

No comments:

Post a Comment