Thursday, April 29, 2021

Youth


I'm grateful for my youth, my own time as a youngster, teenager, young adult, what have you.   We weren't wealthy, but I never lacked for what I really needed. They weren't always fun and happy times.  I had my own struggles and angst, dealing with school, grades, friends, self esteem, and finding myself and choosing my goals and dreams and direction for life.  I do have many wonderful memories in spite of the challenges and difficulties, and for the most part I feel that that time of my life was blessed and protected.  I know now that I have experienced a life and youth of privilege, and recognize that fact more and more with each passing year.

I have also been blessed with being able to know and teach and work with many youthful people from generations younger than mine.  For the most part they have been and still are amazing examples to me of their friendliness, enthusiasm for life, and courage to search out and experience new things, different things, challenging things and hard things, to stretch and reach for their goals.  I love watching them as they become adults and leaders and parents, and I love seeing the amazing things they continue to accomplish and the wonderful people they have become.

My own children and their spouses and friends, and my grandchildren are among my favorite people and blessings in the world.  I love and appreciate their help and encouragement, their friendship, and the love and support and help they continue to show to me and to each other and my dear husband.  I admire them and look up to them in so many ways.  I am grateful to the youth and the younger generations in this world and have great hopes for the great things I believe that they will be able to accomplish.

And thou hast beheld in thy youth his glory; wherefore, thou art blessed even as they unto whom he shall minister in the flesh; for the Spirit is the same, yesterday, today, and forever.  And the way is prepared from the fall of man, and salvation is free.

And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.

O, remember my son, and learn wisdom in thy youth, yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God. 


3 comments:

  1. Nice retrospective. My youth is a pleasant place to think back on and sometimes I feel like I'm still there-in my mind at least.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Like some like to say, "you're only as old or as young as you feel." Some days are better than others for feeling youthful, that's for sure. I'm definitely not ready to retire to the recliner or the rocking chair yet, but some days I'm perfectly content to sit back and let the younger generations do their part. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete