Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Lost Child




 Have you ever lost a child?  If so, I sincerely hope that said lost child was quickly found safe and sound, because that is what happened to me a number of years ago.  We were visiting grandparents and making the rounds with other extended family members, visiting different homes and family members and participating in fun summer vacation activities.  Since we had flown on this particular trip, we didn't have our own car, so our growing family was split up between the cars of others in the family.  Somehow in the shuffle of dividing up the children, one of the dear young daughters was missed, and it wasn't until we all had returned to Grandma's house where we were staying that we realized the 2, nearly 3 year old was missing!  What dread and horror filled all of our hearts as we realized what had happened!  Phone calls were quickly made, and a dear brother-in-law was able to quickly make a search of the apartment complex grounds where we had been visiting, and found our dear toddler daughter patiently waiting on the sidewalk for us to come back and find her.  I am so very grateful that she was safe and protected until we were able to return to pick her up!  I'm sure that a loving Heavenly Father was watching over her and that she was comforted and not afraid.  My heart breaks whenever I hear of children who are lost or abducted, or even drowned after being left alone for a very short period of time.  I'm so very grateful for the tender mercies that have protected my loved ones, especially my little ones over the years. I still pray for each of them every single day.

What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?  And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.  And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.  I say unto, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. 
Luke 15:4-7

1 comment:

  1. One day back when my son was only two, we lost him. He had been playing in the backyard with us while we were doing some gardening. We looked up and he was gone. I went into full blown panic. We called out for him, I drove around the neighborhood to see if he was walking. My wife and I were so upset.
    Turns out he was act the next door neighbor's place. He was just sitting on their back porch and singing to himself.
    I have never forgotten that feeling in 20 years and I hope to never have to feel it again.
    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side: 2021: The A to Z of Monsters

    ReplyDelete