Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Paychecks and Isaiah

No, I'm not going to try and relate paychecks and Isaiah.  They are two separate subjects.   Sorry if you had your hopes up.  :) 

Yesterday was payday, and even though the paycheck isn't as large as I would like it to be (is it ever?), I must admit that I am grateful that I was able to pay tithing and all of the utility bills and still have money left over.  I know that we are blessed, much more than many who have lived on this earth.  We have a comfortable home, heat in the winter and air conditioning in the summer.  We have electricity for lights and cooking and computers and TV and hair dryers and hair straighteners and many other conveniences.  We have phone service and hot and cold running water.  We live like royalty!

As for Isaiah:  This morning I read the last few chapters of 1 Nephi, and I can honestly say that I was comforted by the words of Isaiah.  And it surprised me a bit.  Of course the very last chapter of 1 Nephi was the most comforting of all, and that was not actually an Isaiah chapter, but rather Nephi's explanations of Isaiah to his brothers, instructing them and us about what to expect in the last days.  I especially like these verses:

 25 And he agathereth his children from the four quarters of the earth; and he numbereth his bsheep, and they know him; and there shall be one fold and one shepherd; and he shall feed his sheep, and in him they shall find cpasture.
 26 And because of the arighteousness of his people, bSatan has no power; wherefore, he cannot be loosed for the space of cmany years; for he hath no power over the hearts of the people, for they dwell in righteousness, and the Holy One of Israel dreigneth.

1 Nephi  22:25,26

Now is that not something to look forward to?

1 comment: