Thursday, January 24, 2013

Clean and Empty Kitchen Sink

I am by no means a spotless housekeeper, but this morning I woke up to a clean and empty kitchen sink, and it just felt so nice! 

My mother has never had a dishwasher, so all the years growing up, we washed the dishes by hand.  Granted, she washed the dishes more than anyone else, but we each had our turn.  With six kids in the family and a Dad who often had church meetings late into the night, I do remember going to bed some nights when there were still dirty dishes in the sink and on the kitchen counter, but I never once remember getting up in the morning to dirty dishes in the sink.  I'm very grateful to my Mother for all of her hard work, efforts, and great example.  I can't say that I've always followed the example very well.  Even with a wonderful dishwasher (that is not operational at this moment in time, btw,) there have been many, many nights that I have left dirty dishes in the sink and on the counters.  Last night it was almost 11 pm by the time DH and DD1 returned home from their respective jobs.  Of course we fed them, and put the dirty dishes in the sink.  However, after family prayers, instead of ignoring the dishes and going to bed, I spent a few minutes and cleaned them all up, even the pots and pans, and then wiped out the kitchen sink! 

Flylady would be so proud of me!

1 comment:

  1. It's a rare feeling in my end but hoping to make it not so rare. --It sure is a fantastic feeling when things are in order.

    ReplyDelete