Saturday, January 5, 2013

D.I.P.

Divine Inspiration through Prayer  or Daily Inspiration through Prayer

This past week our Relief Society had an evening activity that they called D.I.P.  The Bishop shared some thoughts and stories about how different people in his family, social circle, and our ward have recently received Divine help and inspiration through prayer.  Afterwards everyone was invited to share their own experiences of times when they have received inspiration or help from prayer. 

Even though I didn't care to share anything that night, I do proclaim to the world right now that I know that I receive daily help and guidance and protection and inspiration through prayer.  Prayer is one of the greatest blessings we have been given.  I recently posted about a few of the many little miracles that have blessed our family this past Christmas. 

After everyone who wanted to had shared their thoughts, we loaded up on chips and crackers and veggies and dips that everyone had brought to share.  I whipped up a recipe for Fresh Spinach Dip that I had recently come across at  Six Sister's Stuff.   I did revise the recipe a bit as follows so I didn't need to go out and buy anything.  Unfortunately, there were so many other dips and goodies there that not much of my spinach dip was eaten, but I really liked it if I do say so myself.  Today I resolve to go out and buy a big box of crackers so we can enjoy the remainder of my Fresh Spinach Dip.  Hope you all can enjoy plenty of Divine Inspiration through Prayer, and any other DIP of your own choosing in the coming days and weeks!

Fresh Spinach Dip
1 cup sour cream
8 oz Neufchatel Cream Cheese
10 oz fresh spinach, washed and dried and stems removed  (I may have used more--I had a 40 oz bag)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt

Blend all ingredients together in food processor, adding spinach very last.  (You may need to add spinach in small batches, processing after each batch so it will all fit.)  Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.  Great with vegetables, chips, or crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment