Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Double Rainbow



This evening I spent some time out in the garden pulling/chopping down more of the weeds that surround my poor little tomato and squash and carrot plants.  Dark clouds were rolling in from the west, but off to the east I enjoyed the beauty of a large and colorful double rainbow.  I have seen many varieties of rainbows off and on over the years, but it has been a long time since I have seen such a large and colorful double rainbow.  As I looked carefully I thought I could see traces of even a third and fourth rainbow.  Of course I had no camera to record this spectacular event, but It was a wonderful sight, and I spent almost an hour working under this beautiful rainbow before the dark clouds reached our neighborhood and the rain forced me to grab my trimmers and a few tomatoes and retreat inside.  

This time of year can be exciting, and sometimes stressful and even a bit scary as we and our children head off to new opportunities and adventures at school and even at work.  We need to remember to look for the rainbows and dwell on the promises for a bright day and a bright future as we face the oportunities and challenges, and sometimes the rain and the darkness that life brings.  Sunlight will surely come again, as will the rainbows, and as will our Savior, Jesus Christ.

 11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
 12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
 13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
 14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
 15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
 16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
 17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.
Genesis 9: 11-17

No comments:

Post a Comment