Monday, October 3, 2016

The Sun Will Always Rise

Last night was a long night.   Sometimes after a wonderful, spiritual high like I enjoyed yesterday during our General Conference, I find myself being hit by a huge wave or wall of sadness, doubt, regret, remorse, anxiety and discouragement.   Last night was probably the worst that I have ever experienced, at least for a very long time.  There are many things that are concerning to me right now.. There are many of my friends and family members that are struggling too.

I did try to go to bed early, after prayers and scriptures with the family.   Once in bed my mind would not shut off.  I could not concentrate on positive things.   I tried reading, praying again, eating, and even trying to find uplifting TV programs or movies in the middle of the night.   Usually any one of these activities will help me to relax my mind and my body and fall to sleep, but last night every single time that I finally managed to drift off, I almost immediately woke again to another difficult thought pervading my mind.

At one point I was finally able to feel the sweet, peaceful reasurrance from the spirit of the Holy Ghost that I am a beloved daughter of Heavenly Father, that he knows and loves me, and that eventually everything will work out all right.   I still was not able to go back to sleep, at least not for very long.

Eventually morning came.  The sun's rays found their way over our beautiful eastern mountains.   I was able to get up and get ready for the day.   I was able to go to work and do my job, think clearly and converse with the staff and students who needed my help and attention.    Today was a good day, and I know that more good days will come.  I have faith that many far better days will come.

I'm so very grateful for the knowledge that the Sun will always rise.


No comments:

Post a Comment