Sunday, October 2, 2016

Happiness and Joy

Am I happy?  

This is a question that I feel most of us ask ourselves almost constantly, even if we only do it subconsciously.  I know that I think about it every day, even if it is in a superficial way.  Am I physically comfortable?   Have I done something fun or enjoyable and entertaining lately?  Am I overworked or stressed about something?  Am I worried about anyone I love and care about?

I have spent the weekend drinking in the counsel and advice from a group of people who I believe are the very most qualified of any on this planet to help people like me. and all people anywhere find true happiness, true peace, and true joy.

This morning, President Thomas S Monson,  the current living prophet of God and President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints,  reminded us again of the answers to the age old questions, Where did I come from?  Why am I here?  and Where am I going? The gospel of Jesus Christ teaches us the answers to these questions and teaches us of God's plan of Salvation.   We lived with God, our Father before we were born.  We are here to gain a physical body, and to learn how to return to our Heavenly Father.  Essential to the plan is the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  Through his sacrifice and teachings we can return to live with him and with our families once again.  It is the one perfect plan to peace and happiness both here and in the world to come.

Many many more messages were shared throughout the weekend, a virtual feast of uplifting messages of hope and inspiration.  Watch or listen to LDS General Conference here.

I started this blog years ago in an effort to help me take the time to recognize and express my gratitude for the good and wonderful things in my life.  Tonight I am very grateful for living prophets and apostles.    Tonight I am also making a renewed commitment to recognize and record  the daily tender mercies that I am continually blessed with and more of the insights that have come to me while listening to inspired counsel.  Gratitude, Happiness, and Joy.

Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy. 
2 Nephi 2:25

For behold, this is my work and my glory--to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.
Moses 1:39

No comments:

Post a Comment