Monday, September 9, 2013

Cucumbers

I've previously mentioned my next door neighbor and his kindness several times.  He is famous for his tomatoes and shares them with anyone and everyone who might be interested.  Last spring when he shared two of his tomato plants and cages with me, I asked if there was anything I might plant that would be beneficial to him . . . and he said "cucumbers."  So, I planted a few cucumber plants along the fence that separates our backyards.  I've tried to keep them somewhat weeded and watered, but I suspect that he waters them more than I do.  I've trained them to grow up the fence, and now we have quite the crop of nice big slicing cucumbers.  And even though I've mentioned them several times, I'm not sure that dear neighbor has partaken of the bounty.  But we have.  Fresh homegrown cucumbers and tomatoes.  What more can you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment