Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day Chocolate

It is traditional in our church congregation for a small gift to be handed out to all of the women in attendance on Mother's Day.  In the past years I have received various flowers, booklets, and chocolate bars.  This past Sunday we all received wonderful Haagen Daz Ice Cream Bars, passed out in our Relief Society (Women's Organization) class 15 minutes before the end of church.  They were delicious, and no one had to feel guilty for not sharing with hungry children or spouses! 

Later that Day I was given wonderful gifts from my own family:



Now, can anyone else top that for a Mother's Day box of chocolate?  Imagine my surprise when I opened a box meant to hold a case of printer paper and saw it filled to the brim with chocolate goodies:  Dove, Lindt Truffles, Hershey's Kisses, Ghiradelli squares, Reese’s pieces, M&M's Oreos, etc.  I have received much wonderful chocolate from my Dear Husband and children over the years, but this gift topped them all!  It was overwhelming to say the least!  Once I started digging a bit I found that it wasn't truly all chocolate:





There buried beneath all of the chocolate goodness was an iron that I have been needing since my old iron died last month right in the middle of my quilting and blogging from A to Z attempts.  There was also a gift certificate for some repair work that we have also been needing . . . . And my DH and DD1 felt that giving such practical, useful, "working" gifts were not appropriate for kind Mother's Day gifting, so the gift had to be camouflaged.  What a sweet and thoughtful family I have!  I do appreciate all of the gifts that I received this past Mother's Day, and of course I am very  grateful for all of the wonderful chocolate . . . .which hopefully will last me for a long, long time to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment