Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cub Scouts

As part of my responsibilities at church with the Primary, our church's children's organization, I have the privilege of attending the local Cub Scout committee meetings and pack meetings.  As a member of the pack committee, my main responsibility is making sure that receipts for activities and other expenses are correctly submitted for reimbursement and keeping a record of the budget and what was spent.  I also help out a bit with keeping track of leaders and boys and their contact information, but mostly that job is taken care of by other committee members. Tonight was our Pack Pinewood Derby, and of course I was there to cheer on my young friends. 

I have been a Den Leader for both Wolves and Bears in the Cub Scout program several times, both when my own sons were cub scout age and then later on with the neighborhood boys who were the same age as DD3.  Being a Cub Scout Den leader is a very time consuming and sometimes exhausting responsibility, but I enjoyed it every time I was involved.  I must admit, however, that I also am enjoying helping out with Cub Scouts on this level too.  I get to see the boys have some fun each month at pack meeting, and also see how proud they are to be honored for their achievements and awards.  And, I don't have the weekly responsibility of planning, coordinating, and carrying out the den meetings and other activities.  Yes, Cub Scouts is a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment