Thursday, May 2, 2013

Ancestors

My Father's Parents
I have many ancestors who have lived great lives and made good choices and decisions that have had an affect on my life and who I am.   I have grandparents and aunts who have collected stories about my ancestors and have made them available to me and my family.  I have gone with my own mother to libraries to search out and find information about my ancestors.  It is amazing to see the information that is available, and sometimes overwhelming to realize the work that it takes to verify and organize the information that we do have.  It is something that I know I need to work on, to carry on the work that others have begun.

My Mother's Mother

My Mother's Father

2 comments:

  1. I love these old photos. I think it's so important to record the old stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Both of my parents have done a wonderful job of collecting and sharing stories about our ancestors as well as writing their own personal histories. I'm very blessed to have so many of them in possession.

      Delete