Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Comforter

Some days are just pretty darn discouraging.  The weather definitely does not help.  Cold, fog, smog, and inversion air just don't do much towards lifting spirits and inspiring happy days.  Bad news often surrounds us.  Every day brings news of someone else who is ill, in pain, has lost a job, has had an accident, is in jail, or who has some other form of grief and pain, and about all that I can do is pray.  Sometimes I just feel so helpless and worthless.  Somedays the only source of comfort is The Holy Ghost, The Comforter.   He helps me to know that I do have worth.   I am a child of God.  I am basically good.  He loves me.

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 14:16

No comments:

Post a Comment