Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Bedtime Stories

Tonight I had the opportunity to read a bedtime story to three of my neighbor's cute daughters.  We had a fine time reading about Amelia Bedelia and her adventures in baking a cake for a baking cookoff.  I had never read Amelia Bedelia Bakes Off before, but the girls had, and it was obvious from their grins that they loved the humor and misunderstandings that Amelia is well known for.

It's been quite a while since I've read bedtime stories to my kids, or any little kids for that matter, but I still love kids books and bedtime stories.  I grew up in a family that read to me, and had bedtimes stories, and middle of the day stories read to me often by my mother, my father, my older siblings, and my grandma.  I loved hearing stories and I loved reading stories.  I still love reading children's books, and my adult children still ocassionally pull out the picture books and we read them aloud.  There are so many treasures out there!

I recently read the blog post titled Everyone Needs a Mrs. Twinkle by Shawnie over at 71 Toes.  She talked about the book  Chrysanthemum by Keven Henks where the music teacher, Mrs. Twinkle helps Chrysanthemum feel better about her original name after her classmates make fun of her.  I didn't remember reading the book, so checked it out from the library, and have read it several times in the past week. 

Have you read a great picture book lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment