Monday, October 21, 2013

Applesauce

My wonderful DMIL has an apple tree that produces many more apples than she can currently use, so I asked if I could take some of them off of her hands.  Tonight I made my first batch of applesauce for the season, (somewhat chunky with no sugar added, since DH prefers it that way) and bottled  four quarts.  I don't do huge batches of fruit at a time.  After all, I am only one person and a person who has a day job.  But, hopefully there will be more batches to come in the next week or two.  We do like some applesauce on occasion around here:  with bread and peanut butter or pancakes and peanut butter, with Graham crackers, or even with Gingerbread if we happen to get around to baking some.  I'm grateful for apples and applesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment