Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Righteous Desires

For as long as I can remember, I have always had the desire to be good, do good, and choose to do what is right.  I'm not saying that I am a perfect person, because that is far from the truth.  I am impatient, and often do and say unkind things without thinking.  I'm somewhat on the lazy side, and don't often think of or notice when those around me could use my help.  I'm often late and get distracted easily.  But deep down I always want to be good and do good.  I have been taught right from wrong, and there is very little of the ugliness of the world that appeals to me or tempts me.  I hope this doesn't sound boastful or prideful, because I don't mean it to be.  To me, these desires are a blessing.

"If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report, or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."

Thirteenth Article of Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment