Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bedtime

It's just about bedtime, and I couldn't be happier! I have been very busy the last few days, and I am tired. Yesterday DD4 and I had a nice 10 hour day as we drove up north to attend her New Freshman Orientation at the University. It was good, but a long, busy, day.

I slept well last night, and then got up a bit earlier than usual for the summertime to bake some cupcakes for a dear co-worker's retirement party today. I used the Any Old Bottle of Fruit Cake recipe, which is one of her favorities, but I always use a cream cheese frosting instead of the caramel frosting called for in this recipe.  I'll have to try the caramel frosting sometime.   It was a long day at work with a workshop and several retirement receptions in different departments. Quite a number of good people are retiring at the end of this week, tomorrow, and it is sad to see so many wonderful co-workers leaving, but we are happy for them too.


After work I rested for an hour or so before putting together some pork chops for dinner and then making a funeral potato casserole  for a dear neighbor's funeral tomorrow.   (I used fresh potatoes and omitted the cornflake topping on mine this time)  So now, I'm very ready for bed.

Goodnite to ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment