Thursday, November 6, 2014

Dates With My Honey and Favorite Movies

I'm grateful for dates with my honey.  Tonight we were able to go and see one of my favorite movies and then stop for cheeseburgers and french fries.  It is always my very favorite date.  

Do you have a favorite movie that you have watched over and over again so many times that you practically have it memorized?  If you ask me what my favorite movie is, I will usually answer that it is The Sound of Music starring Julie Andrews.  It first came out when I was just a little girl, about the same age as Gretel in the movie.  I was enthralled by the story, and have always loved the songs.  We now own the movie, and I have watched it many times, and I still enjoy it.  

When the children were young, there were several videos that were played over and over again at our house until we all knew them practically word for word:  The Little Mermaid,  Walt Disney's Silly Symphonies, Robin Hood,  and 1001 Dalamations, to name a few.  Various different versions of Pride and Prejudice are also popular at our house, and much of the dialogue can be recited from memory by various family members.

My very favorite movie can't be seen in a movie theater, and it isn't available on DVD, but right now there are several versions of available  that I can watch almost any time of the day or evening and most days of the week.  This movies is shown at several different locations within a 30 minute drive of our house, and in many other locations all over the world.  It has been interesting during the past few months to watch and compare the different new versions of my favorite movie.  The Dialogue is the same.  I have heard it many times, and could recite much if not all of it from memory, but the different settings and different interpretations of the actors and the directors bring to mind things I haven't considered before.  But most of all I love to have the regular reminder of what is most important in life, and the peace and comfort that I feel.  Yup, no matter how many times I go, It's still my favorite date.

No comments:

Post a Comment