Monday, March 4, 2013

Priesthood Blessings

A week or so ago, a friend mentioned that her husband gives their entire family a Priesthood blessing every month on Fast Sunday.  It made me stop and think.  Am I taking advantage of the blessing of having the Priesthood in our home? 

I received my Patriarchal Blessing when I was sixteen years old, and try to review it regularly.  I actually have most of it memorized.  It was a comfort to me at that time, and still is today.  But am I taking advantage of the blessings that are available to me from my own loving DH?

Several days ago I mentioned this to my DH, and asked if he would be willing to give me a priesthood blessing yesterday on our fast day.  Of course he agreed.  There are no particularly evident needs in my life right now, but the priesthood blessing was truly a blessing and a comfort to me.  It made me cry.  The blessing reminded me that my Heavenly Father loves me, is mindful of me, and is happy with my efforts.  I need to embrace the good in my life and let go of the bad.  I'm grateful to have the blessing of the priesthood in my home, and a worthy DH who is willing to bless me and my family.

Are you taking advantage of and enjoying the blessings of the Priesthood in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment