Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Faith

Faith


Faith is knowing the sun will rise, lighting each new day.
Faith is knowing the Lord will hear my prayers each time I pray.
Faith is like a little seed:
If planted, it will grow.
Faith is a swelling within my heart.
When I do right, I know.

Faith is knowing I lived with God before my mortal birth.
Faith is knowing I can return when my life ends on earth.
Faith is trust in God above;
In Christ, who showed the way.
Faith is strengthened; I feel it grow
Whenever I obey.

Words: Beatrice Goff Jackson, b. 1943. (c) 1978 IRI
Music: Michael Finlinson Moody, b. 1941. (c) 1978 IRI

I'm grateful for my faith.  I'm grateful that I have been taught about God's plan for me, and I'm grateful that I can believe what I have been taught.  When life gets hard and I see so much hurt and difficulty and pain and even evil in the world, I can have hope that things will get better.  I'm grateful for my faith.  I'm grateful for wonderful, strong, and talented family members that fill my life with goodness.  I'm grateful that we belong together. 

Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.

Pray always, that you may come off conqueror; yea, that you may conquer Satan, and that you may escape the hands of the servants of Satan that do uphold his work.

And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.
 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?
 Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment