Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Missionaries

There is a great deal of attention being paid to missionaries right now.  Due to the announcement from President Monson last October about the change in the age requirement for new missionaries, there is a great influx of new missionaries entering the field right now.  It is exciting to see all of these eager young people accepting calls to share the gospel and serve the Lord and their fellow men.  It is exciting to see the recent announcement of the increase in the number of missions.  It makes me happy to see the work of the Lord going forth.

I'm grateful for all of the missionaries in my life:  Those of my family and friends who have served.  I'm grateful that I was able to serve as a missionary over 30 years ago, and I'm grateful for those who served with me and all of the wonderful people that I met.  I'm especially grateful for all of the wonderful missionaries who left their homes and families in the 1800's and traveled across the world to seek out and teach my ancestors:   The Wagstaffs and the Smiths and the Willies and the Birds and the Grants and the Gibbys and the Hunsakers and all of the many others of my family who had the faith and the strength and the courage to listen to the missionaries, to accept the gospel and to make it a part of their lives.  There are also the missionaries who sought out the people of my DH's family:  The Howes and the Fraziers and the Halls and the Larsens and the Lauritzens.  So many faithful missionaries and so many faithful ancestors who have so greatly affected my life for the good.

My thoughts and prayers go with the missionaries every day.  And may I also find the opportunities and the courage to be a missionary too.

No comments:

Post a Comment