Thursday, February 13, 2014

Why I Still Said Yes

Tonight I read an interesting blog post written by a young lady who just got engaged where she explains
Why She Still Said Yes.  It reminded me how nervous I was after DH and I became engaged to be married over thirty years ago.  Were we really making the right decision?   But, I had prayed about my decision to answer yes, and I knew it was good and right.  I'm not perfect, and DH is not perfect, but we both knew that getting married to each other was good and the right thing to do.  So we did.  Even though I didn't say yes the first time he asked, and he had to wait, and date other ladies, and look some more, and  then ask me again a couple of years later.  (I had already committed myself to serving an 18 month mission for my church, and wanted to fulfill that committment before I married.)   Wasn't that nice of him to still be there 18 months later and to ask again???  I think so.  :)

So, Happy Valentines Day to my favorite Valentine!  I love you DH!  ♥♥♥

1 comment: