Monday, February 3, 2014

Great Leaders

Tonight I've been reading about one of the greatest leaders that ever lived.  He's not really very well known, but this a brief description of some of his qualities:


11 And Moroni was a strong and a mighty man; he was a man of a perfect understanding; yea, a man that did not delight in bloodshed; a man whose soul did joy in the liberty and the freedom of his country, and his brethren from bondage and slavery;
 12 Yea, a man whose heart did swell with thanksgiving to his God, for the many privileges and blessings which he bestowed upon his people; a man who did labor exceedingly for the welfare and safety of his people.
 13 Yea, and he was a man who was firm in the faith of Christ, and he had sworn with an oath to defend his people, his rights, and his country, and his religion, even to the loss of his blood. . . .
17 Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men.

The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ

I do know some great leaders, both men and women, right here in my community.  I have some wonderful neighbors and wonderful leaders of our church congregations that I know quite well.   We have some local school administrators who work tirelessly for the good of the education of our children and young people.  I personally know our local  City Council Representative, and I respect and admire him.  I know he does his best to represent our neighborhood and make the best decisions he can for our city and community. 

I don't personally know any other community, state, or national political leaders.   I trust that many, hopefully most of them, truly believe that that are trying to do the best they can for our communities, our state, and our nation.  I'm grateful for the time and effort they put forth in serving the people of our land.   I don't know them, and often feel I have very little input into how our nation is run, but I do try to be aware of what is going on in our community and our country, and I do take the privilege of voting very seriously.  I also pray for the leaders of our community and our country.  I pray that they can all be great leaders, leaders like  Moroni.

No comments:

Post a Comment