Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Y is for Young

I've had to go back quite a way to find a "Y" name on my family tree:

According to the information on my family tree at familysearch.org,

My paternal great, great, great, great, great, great (6th) grandmother, Janet Young was christened on the March 21, 1726  in Sprouston, Roxburg, Scotland. 

She married James Atchison on January 9, 1754 in the same location, and they were the parents of two children:  Margaret Atchison and Jean Atchison.   Margaret was my 5th great grandmother.  This family line eventually moved from Scotland to Wales, and then to the United States through the Gibby line.  (See G is for Gibby).

The Young line continues on back to 1631 through Janet's father John Young, grandfather John Young, and great grandfather William Young.
location of Roxburghshire in Scotland  Source: Wikipedia

Do you have any Youngs on your family tree?  (we might be cousins!)

No comments:

Post a Comment