Monday, December 31, 2012

Funeral Services

This past weekend I attended the funeral service for the husband of a dear neighbor.  There have been quite a few funerals here in our neighborhood this past year.  Some people are uncomfortable with funerals, but most that I have ever attended have been comforting and actually even enjoyable.  While it is difficult for me to offer condolences to the family members of the deceased (I'm never very good at knowing what to say), I enjoy being reminded that this life with its trials and pains and difficulties is just a small part of our Heavenly Father's plan for us. Mostly though, I love hearing about and learning new things about my friends and neighbors lives.  No matter how short the service or how private the individual, I always come away knowing them just a little bit better and appreciating the gifts that they have given and the joy that they have added to this world.  Hopefully I can learn just a bit from each and every one of them and determine to make myself just a little bit better in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment