Monday, September 24, 2012

Alma's Questions

Alma's Questions
Scripture Challenge Week 4
Alma 5: 14-16

 14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?
 15 Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?
 16 I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?

The famous questions of Alma 5:  Have ye received his image in your countenance?  Have ye experienced the might change in your heart?
Yes, I can say that I have. 
Is his image in my countenance very day?  Is my heart changed every day?  Do I have faith in Him every day?  No, not completely.  Not every day.  Some days are always harder than others to have faith that everything will work out all right.  Faith that I can keep moving forward.  Faith that I even always know what the Lord wants me to be doing.  
The key, I think, or at least a helpful thought, is to always be thinking of and looking forward to the day when I will stand before my maker and report my life to him.  What will I have to say about what I have done today?  How have I treated my family?  How have I treated my co-workers?  My neighbors and strangers?  Myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment