Monday, April 21, 2014

Resurrection


I have spend a wonderful weekend with various family members and friends celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus Christ more than 2,000 years ago.  Because of his sacrifice and resurrection, we can all know that death is not permanent. All men and women who live on this earth will one day live again.  Christ has won the victory over death, and we are all the recipients of his wonderful gift to us!

 Saturday DD1 and DD4 and I were able to attend an exhibit of beautiful artwork celebrating Easter and the life of our Savior.  You can view the art that was on display here.  On  Sunday DD1 and I were able to sing with the choir at church. There is nothing quite like singing hymns and praises to our Savior on an Easter morning!  Then in the evening there was wonderful food, fun, and socializing with extended family.

There are many wonderful songs and videos and pieces of artwork celebrating the resurrection, but here are links to a few that I have enjoyed during the past week.  You might enjoy them too!



That Easter Morn

Praiseworthy Arts





4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter Marcy. After church I spent a nice day with my daughter and family. Mindy is our only child that lives here by us in CA. All the others went to BYU and ended up staying in Utah. (Maybe we should have sent our other 3 to college here!)
    I did my A to Z for R on Resurrection too but I don't know how to include the nice video clips like you do. I wish I did.

    Have a great week. Hugs, Lura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see your post on the Resurrection. The videos on U tube are easy to upload to blogger, but I haven't quite how to do the ones straight from lds.org.

      I'm glad that you enjoyed your Easter! Three of our six children are now in California. I wish we could visit with them more often. We only have two who live here in the state with us right now, but DS1 was able to fly out for the weekend which made it extra special for us.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated Easter! New follower here. I'm dropping by from the "A to Z" challenge, and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvia. I took a peek at your blog and loved what I read. I'll make it a point to get back and see what's up next!

      Delete