Monday, April 7, 2014

Family


(I'm a bit slow posting today, because I spent quite a bit of time over the weekend with my Family and didn't get this post prepared ahead of time.)


Family
Testimony of Truth from A to Z

source

I have been blessed with a wonderful family!  I have a wonderful DH, six incredibly wonderful children, and the best daughter in law you could ever ask for.  My own parents and siblings are the best ever, as are my DH's family.  

DH, myself, and the kids, just a few years back . . .

My parents and siblings, with me in front on the right, even more years back.

I'm so grateful that I can spend my life with these people.  None of us are perfect, but I know that they are always there for me, and I admire and look up to each and every one of them.  One of the greatest blessings of my life is the knowledge that God is our Eternal Father and has planned a way for us to return to him as part of his family, sealed and united together as individual families united for eternity.  Last fall I shared many of my thoughts in this post about family, so I won't repeat it all again here, but I will just say that I know we can always be together forever, and united and sealed to both our parents, grandparents, and other ancestors, as well as to our children, future grandchildren, and all of their descendants too.  

The Family is ordained of God.  Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan.  Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity.  Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ . . . faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities.





4 comments:

  1. New follower here. Just stopped by from the A to Z challenge. I loved reading your thoughts on your family. This is exactly the kind of stuff I love to read! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica,
      I'm glad you've enjoyed my thoughts. My family means almost everything to me. Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  2. Family is the foundation of all that is good in life. Love mine more than anything. Glad you love yours so much, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom,

      Family can and should be what is best in this life. I'm glad you've been blessed with wonderful family too! Thanks.

      Delete