Sunday, November 11, 2012

House of Order


House of Order
Scripture Challenge Week 10
D&C 88:118-119

 118 And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom; seek learning, even by study and also by faith.
 119 Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;
These verses have been favorites of mine for many years, ever since I learned them as scripture mastery verses in seminary.  They describe my goals for myself and for my home as we have raised our family.   They are goals that I set long before I was married and had a home of my own.  Study, wisdom, faith, and order.  These are lofty goals and I often feel that I fall short.   But I have seen success, and I will continue to strive to make my life and my home reflect these verses.  I also love the verses that follow:
120 That your incomings may be in the name of the Lord; that your outgoings may be in the name of the Lord; that all your salutations may be in the name of the Lord, with uplifted hands unto the Most High.
 121 Therefore, cease from all your light speeches, from all laughter, from all your lustful desires, from all your pride and light-mindedness, and from all your wicked doings.
 122 Appoint among yourselves a teacher, and let not all be spokesmen at once; but let one speak at a time and let all listen unto his sayings, that when all have spoken that all may be edified of all, and that every man may have an equal privilege.
 123 See that ye love one another; cease to be covetous; learn to impart one to another as the gospel requires.
 124 Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated.
 125 And above all things, clothe yourselves with the bond of charity, as with a mantle, which is the bond of perfectness and peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment