Sunday, December 23, 2018

He Knows My Name


Painting:  "Light of the World"  by Brent Borup  Source: www.lds.org

I have not ever in this life seen our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, nor have I heard him speak or call me by name, but throughout my life there have been numerous times when others, acting in his name through the power of his holy priesthood, who have called me by my name to bless my life in many different ways.  As a baby, I was given a name and a blessing by my father, and when eight years old I was called by name when I was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I have received many priesthood blessings of health and comfort, and I have been called by name as I have been set apart for various church callings.  When I went to the temple for the first time, I was called by name and blessed with many wonderful blessings and promises, and I continue to be reminded of these blessings each time I return.

I know that the Lord knows my name, and I fell his comfort and love on a daily basis when I reach out to him in prayer, whether vocally or through prayers of my heart.  He speaks to me in many ways, through thoughts and inspirations that come to my mind and my heart, through the comforting reassurance of the Holy Ghost, through reading the scriptures, and through the actions of many of my friends and family and neighbors who also listen to him.

We live in a difficult world that is filled with conflict.  I often wish that I could take away the pains, the sorrows, and the troubles that those I know and love experience.  I can't always do that, and don't think I would actually be willing and able to suffer those pains myself.  But I know someone who can, and who has already willingly taken ever pain, every sorrow, every sin, and every trouble upon himself.  The Lord Jesus Christ has already suffered every single pain and sorrow the world has ever known.  I'm very grateful to him for this gift.  I know he lives, and I'm very grateful to know that he knows my name.


No comments:

Post a Comment