Saturday, November 4, 2017

Gratitude Day 4: Parents

My father and mother, 1988
Dressed in white, they served for many years as temple workers in the Salt Lake LDS Temple.


Today I am grateful for my Angel parents.  We love them and miss them.  We wish they were still here nearby to share our holidays and activities and hopes and dreams and sorrows.  I miss their love and advice and service and prayers, but I am grateful to have been a part of their family and to have their example and teachings in my life.  I'm grateful that they have graduated from this life of happiness and sorrows, and I believe that they have gone on to greater assignments and challenges, still teaching and serving others in our heavenly family, both in heaven, and sometimes maybe even here on earth:

"I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."  D&C 84:88

No comments:

Post a Comment