Sunday, February 28, 2016

Angels

A while back, I believe it was in an Blogging from A to Z challenge in April 2013,  I wrote a blog post about my belief in Angels Angels

I also wrote this short post about Angels back in May 2012.

Recently I have come across several quotes, photos and memes, and a blog post about Angels, and so I again have angels on my mind.

I believe that the first quote I came across was this one from Elder Jeffrey R Holland, which I have used and shared in the past.





Then this week on facebook I came across the painting above, painted by Karrie Guthrie.  I was intrigued by the painting, and didn't remember seeing it before, so looked up Karrie's website.  I was very interested to watch her video telling about what inspired her to do the painting, Ministry of Angels, found here: Kerrie's Art Kreations.

Kerri has several different versions of this piece of art in her Art Gallery at  http://www.kerrisartkreations.com/art-gallery/

And then I read this blog post by one of my favorite bloggers,  at http://www.cranialhiccups.com/2016/02/10397.html  Cranial Hiccups.   She posted another meme from Elder Holland:


(To see, listen to, or read this full discourse by Elder Holland, go to The Ministry of Angels)  Montserrat went on to describe a recent incident where she felt the help of guardian angels, and then quoted another talk that was given by Sister Wendy Nelson, President Russell M Nelson's wife, from April 2015 BYU Women's Conference:

"It was during Elder Jeffrey R. Holland’s April 2010 general conference talk that I first learned this truth. He said, “Ask for angels to help you.” He said it with such clarity, and yet in a manner that implied this was something we all knew. But for me it was an entirely new principle. I wanted to call out, “Wait! Wait! What? You mean I could have been asking for angels to help me all this time?” Without intending to sound too dramatic, I can say with all candor that Elder Holland’s six words changed my life. “Ask for angels to help you.” That counsel changed my prayers, changed my understanding of the very real help from heaven that is always available to us as we keep our covenants. I started to ask for assistance from those on the other side of the veil from that moment on. Now I’m not talking about praying for fantasy angels with wings to magically fairy-dust our problems away. I’m not talking about praying to angels. I’m talking about praying to your Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, for those on the other side to be “dispatched” (Elder Holland’s word) to assist you. Perhaps a loved one or two could be sent to help you with whatever you need. 

Can you imagine the effort it took those angels who pushed from the rear of handcarts as they helped the pioneers over the steep, snowy, windy, freezing, jagged terrain of Rocky Ridge? If angels can manage that, they can certainly help you and me over our present Rocky Ridges. We know the Lord gets His work done with the help of His angels. So could you use a little more help in your life? If so, keep your covenants with more exactness than ever before. And then ask for angels to help you with whatever you need. Or ask for them to be dispatched to help those you love. Does your child need help? Is your husband in trouble? Does your aunt need comfort? Does your best friend need direction? Ask for angels to be assigned to help them. As a covenant-keeping woman, you can do just that! 

I have always believed in Angels.  My grandparents have been a part of this heavenly host for many years, and many other friends and relatives have joined the ranks over the years, including my own dear Angel Mother this past year.   This is indeed a comfort to me, to know that there are so many Angels on the other side of the veil who may be willing to help me, and others that I love as we continue to face our earthly challenges here.  I love that we can ask our Heavenly Father to send them to our aid.   I'm grateful for Angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment