Monday, October 19, 2015

Ponderize

 
Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;

D&C 109:8

What is "ponderize"?  The word was introduced to the vast audience of the 185th semi annual conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints this past Sunday afternoon.  Devin G. Durrant, the newly sustained 1st counselor in the General Sunday School presidency of the church introduced the word to us in this way:

"I invite you to “ponderize” one verse of scripture each week. The word ponderize is not found in the dictionary, but it has found a place in my heart. So what does it mean to ponderize? I like to say it’s a combination of 80 percent extended pondering and 20 percent memorization.  There are two simple steps:
First, choose a verse of scripture each week and place it where you will see it every day. Second, read or think of the verse several times each day and ponder the meaning of its words and key phrases throughout the week.  Imagine the uplifting results of doing this weekly for six months, a year, 10 years, or more."

The above verse is now posted on my refrigerator and on sticky notes on both my work and my home computers where I can refer to it periodically throughout the day, no matter what my day may bring.  So are you up to the challenge?   What scripture verse will you be "ponderizing" this week?  Does it have special meaning to you?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment