Sunday, April 1, 2012

A to Z Challenge: Apostles

I'm unofficially joining The Blogging from A to Z Challenge April 2012.  I missed the official signup somehow, and just this morning found my way to the official site and figured out what it is all about.  Anyway, I hope no one is offended, and I'm not even promising to actually produce a blog post every this month, but it does sound like fun to try.  My DD2 just finished a 30 day blogging challenge, and even though  I know her as well as most and even better than some, it was very enjoyable for me to read her daily posts this past month.  Day 1:  Apostles

When Jesus Christ lived and ministered on the earth 2,000 years ago, he called Apostles to assist him in his work and ministry.  Today the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is organized with prophets and apostles just Christ's church was organized in ancient times.

The first day of  The Blogging from A to Z Challenge April 2012  just happens to fall on the 2nd day of the 182nd Annual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I have spent the day listening to many uplifting and thought provoking messages  presented by today's Apostles and Prophets of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  You can watch and listen to these messages right here at the church's official website, and by Thursday of this week the text of these messages will also be available.  I know that these men are true witnesses and messengers of Jesus Christ, and we would all do well to listen to and abide by their teachings.

No comments:

Post a Comment