Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gratitude Day 13


"Yea, teach parents that they must repent and be baptized and humble themselves as their little children, and they shall all be saved with their little children. . . . And I am filled with charity, which is everlasting love; wherefore, all children are alike unto me; wherefore, I love little children with a perfect love; . . ."
----Moroni 8:8, 17


Today in church we had our Primary Sacrament Meeting Program where the children are the speakers and provide the music for the entire service.  As usual it was excellent.  I'm grateful to be a teacher of young children.  They continually amaze me.  They are such strong, intelligent individuals. 


I miss having little children in the house. I love my children, who are my friends, and I love the wonderful people that they are becoming. But I do miss the days when they were small and I had them home with me all of the time. I know that I don’t remember all of the sameness of long days of cleaning and dishes and diapers and fighting and whining, and crying and missing adult conversation and reading the same stories again and again when I was almost asleep. I do miss their cute huggableness, the teaching moments, the singing (they all did love to sing at one time!), the piano lessons, the swimming lessons, the picnics with pinkabutter samiches and toe toe pits and yummy aide. I miss them loving to clean and wash dishes and fold clothes and plant gardens.  I miss joy school and primary and nursery, and bedtime and stories. I miss tiny newborn freshness sleeping in tired arms. I even miss the legos and the barbies and the green blob. There is absolutely nothing in this world like little children.
Here are a few more of my favorite scriptures about children:

And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and be baptized in my name, and become as a little child, or ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.


3 Nephi 11:38


And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them. And when he had done this he wept again; And he spake unto the multitude, and said unto them: Behold your little ones. And as they looked to behold they cast their eyes towards heaven, and they saw the heavens open, and they saw angels descending out of heaven as it were in the midst of fire; and they came down and encircled those little ones about, and they were encircled about with fire; and the angels did minister unto them.

3 Nephi 17:21-24



And it came to pass that he did teach and minister unto the children of the multitude of whom hath been spoken, and he did loose their tongues, and they did speak unto their fathers great and marvelous things, even greater than he had revealed unto the people; and he loosed their tongues that they could utter.

3 Nephi 26:14


Behold I say unto you that this thing shall ye teach—repentance and baptism unto those who are accountable and capable of committing sin; yea, teach parents that they must repent and be baptized, and humble themselves as their little bchildren, and they shall all be saved with their little children.  And their little children need no repentance, neither baptism. Behold, baptism is unto repentance to the fulfilling the commandments unto the remission of sins.  But little children are alive in Christ, even from the foundation of the world; if not so, God is a partial God, and also a changeable God, and a respecter to persons; for how many little children have died without baptism!

Moroni 6:10-12



No comments:

Post a Comment