Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Favorite Appliances


Back in the day, (my newlywed days), my favorite appliance was my Food Processor.  It could slice, dice, grate, blend, puree . . . and I used it often.  Often enough that I just about wore it out . . .carrot cake, zucchini bread, salsa, applesauce, and even cheescake are many of the dishes that I use the food processor for.  So when a dear neighbor was going to give hers away because she never used it, I offered to take it off her hands.  I still use it often. 

Fast forward a few years and my DH gifted my my all-time very most favorite appliance:



I have often said that if I had to save just one thing from my kitchen, it would be the Kitchen Aid mixer.  I have always loved to bake, and this appliance has made my life so much easier and baking so much more enjoyable.  Bread, cookies, butter cream frosting, pulled pork, and on and on.  I love it!





Not too long ago DH gifted me with the Nesco 3 function digital pressure cooker.  It has also become one of my favorite appliances where I can quickly cook beans, pork, roast beef, chicken veggies and many other dishes with pressure, (very quietly, I might add) and then continue to slow cook them or keep them warm with the crockpot like function.   It hasn't come close to being number 1 on my list, but it is probably next in line.

So what is your favorite small appliance?



1 comment:

  1. I don't know how we would ever get along without our KitchenAid mixer! I love all of KitchenAid's small appliances. We have a blender, a food processor, and a toaster all made by KitchenAid. They are awesome!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete