Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Walking Home From Work

I am very blessed to have a job where I can walk to or from my work in about ten minutes.  Since my car is in the shop this week, that's just what I have been doing for the past few days.  I don't really mind walking; in fact I rather enjoy it as long as the weather cooperates.  I get some exercise that I wouldn't normally get since I haven't been taking the time to exercise like I should lately.  Setting aside time just for exercise sometimes seems like a bit of a waste and a bother, but if I'm doing something I need to do anyway such as yard work and gardening or walking to work, I really rather enjoy it.

This afternoon I decided to add an extra couple of blocks onto my walk so I could stop by the local grocery store and pick up a few things for dinner.  There were a few dark clouds as I left work, but I didn't worry too much as the sky to the west seemed brighter and clearer, but just as I left the store with my meat and fresh veggies, it started to rain, not too bad, just a light rain.  About three blocks from home, the rain was getting harder and another blessing occurred:  my dear next door neighbors pulled over and offered me a ride the rest of the way home.  Thanks neighbors!  Double and triple blessings today!

No comments:

Post a Comment