Tuesday, May 21, 2013

♫♪♫ Happy Birthday Mums! ♫♪♫


When I was small, I called this beautiful lady Mommy.  She has  spent many long hours through the years in the loving, watchful, caring service of her family, and of others.  She cooked and baked and canned and cleaned, read to us, sang to us, taught us our ABC's and the principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  She taught us to be honest and kind and to always to our best.  This picture shows her outside at Easter time I believe, a time when there is often still snow in the mountain valley where I grew up.  I am amazed that she is standing out there without a coat, with such a beautiful smile on her face . . . this is the kind lady who was always getting after me to put on a sweater, zip up my coat, and to put on a hat or a scarf!  :)

At some point in my life I no longer wanted to call her Mommy, but for some reason I didn't want to call her Mom either.  It just seemed . . . too ordinary for my one of a kind Mother.  At the time I spent much of my spare time reading British novels and literature, and somehow calling her Mums, like the Queen Mother was called, seemed just perfect to me.  A large portion of our anestry is British, after all.  So, Mums she has been, at least to me, ever since. 

I love this beautiful lady with all of my heart.  She is my example and my inspiration, and I owe her more that I will ever be able to repay.  So, Mums,  I hope that you are having a most wonderful birthday and that you realize just how special you always have been and always will be to me.

Love,
Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment