Friday, September 30, 2011

The Book of Mormon: A Most Important Book

This week I’ve been writing a bit and reading a lot; a lot of blog posts, and even a few books.  Some books can be breezed through in a few hours, but others are worth taking the time to read slowly, to savor, and to ponder.  The Book of Mormon  is a book to savor and to ponder. I consider The Book of Mormon to be the most important book in my life.     It testifies of the divinity of Jesus Christ.  It brings me peace and the strength I need to face life’s daily challenges.

On September 1st of this year I began a challenge to once again read The Book of Mormon before the end of the year.   If you aren't currently reading The Book of Mormon, I challenge you to start reading along!  (2 pages or 4 chapters every day will get you through the book in four months).  During the next few weeks I plan to periodically  share some of my favorite verses along with some of my thoughts as I read.   I hope that you don't mind!  :)


“And now my beloved brethren . . . believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ.  And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ.”
                2 Nephi 33:10  (pg 116-117)

"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ . . ."
                2 Nephi 25:26 (pg 100)

No comments:

Post a Comment