Monday, September 26, 2011

Forget Me Not

(I borrowed this lovely visual from the beinglds.blogspot.com)

Saturday night we had the marvelous priviledge of listening to very wise counsel from dear President Uchtdorf and our Relief Society General Presidency.  I decided to attend the meeting with my dear Mother; I think that this was the first time I had ever attended with her, since I have been living away from home since I have been old enough to attend Relief Society.  It was a short visit with her, but a wonderful evening.  My mother is one of the greatest examples of the Relief Society motto, "Charity Never Faileth", and I would do well to always emulate her example.

As is usual with the annual Relief Society Broadcast I loved all of the music and all of the talks.  We are so blessed to have the legacy of being members of the oldest Women's Organization, and especially one that was founded by  The Lord under the direction of the Priesthood and a living Prophet.  I hope that my own daughters and future granddaughters will understand and appreciate the Relief Society and will enjoy the blessings of developing true charity.  I'm always grateful for the wise counsel and reminder from Elder Uchtdorf to Forget Not the many blessings we do have. 

If you somehow missed the conference, you can watch and listen to it the conference, you can watch it right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment