Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Snow


source

Yes, I'm already tired of winter, and January isn't even half over with yet.   So, I am trying to be patient.  I'm sure we have many more weeks of winter ahead of us.

I am grateful for the snow that our area has received so far this year.   We have had several more snowstorms and more total snow than we had at this time last year, but the totals are still below normal or average, and we do need the snow.  So yes, I am grateful for the cold and the snow.

I'm also grateful for a couple of "snow fairies" who visited last week.   Until just recently DH was working afternoons/evenings, so for a good many years I have always been the first to leave in the morning.  Now  he works a very similar shift to mine, and last week the morning after one of our biggest storms so far, he actually left for work early, before I did.  That was a morning that I had slept through the alarm and was really rushing to make it out the door on time.  And what I wonderful surprise I had!!   DH had cleared the snow off of my car, and there was no need to brush or scrape the windows at all.  I just jumped into the car and made my normal 5 minute commute to work!  What a blessing!

Later that day I returned home from work to a completely snow free driveway and front walk way.   "Snow Fairy"  DD1 had taken the time that day to not only shovel our driveway and sidewalks, but others in the neighborhood too.  

Thanks to my snow fairies!   Love you both!  ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment