Sunday, July 23, 2023

Modern Day Blessings -- Running Water, Refrigeration, Ice in the Summer and Air Conditioning

As much of the northern hemisphere is currently experiencing very high, unhealthy temperatures, there are many things I am grateful for this week.  I'm grateful that even though we have had very high temperatures and very little rain this past month, I know it could be worse.  I think of our forebears and the hard physical labor they were required to perform each and every day, in the same type of weather conditions we experience today.  I'm grateful for the many modern conveniences that help to protect us and our health, including running water, refrigeration, ice and other cold food and drink, and one of the greatest blessings of all for these hot summer days, Air conditioning.   I never have been a fan of air blowing on me, especially cold air, but I am grateful to have the blessing of being able to live and work and even travel in air conditioned homes, buildings, and cars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment