Sunday, December 5, 2021

Yes, Mormons are Christians!

I don't watch much TV or many movies these days.  I usually only watch/listen when others in my family choose to watch them here in the living room where I have my computer, and then I am often working or reading or writing other things at the same time.   I was recently "binge" watching several popular YouTube vlogger who was answering reader/view questions.  One question that was asked was "Are you Mormon?"  to which the reply was  "No,  we're not Mormon, we are Christian."

Unfortunately, there is a fairly common misconception "out there"  that we members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, sometimes called "Mormons", are not Christians.  As an active, practicing member of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I firmly say,  Yes, we are Christians.  We believe the Jesus Christ, the son of God the Father, is the Savior and Redeemer of this world.  We along with Christians everywhere celebrate his birth during the traditional Christmas season, and his atonement and resurrection during the traditional Easter season.   I love the Christmas season, in spite of often biting off a bit more than I should in the way of preparations, but I love the traditions we have of celebrating the season through service, music, scripture, and gathering and sharing gifts with family and friends.  

If you have doubts, please check out the official website of the church and see the many wonderful ways that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints can help you and your family enjoy a more joyful, peaceful and meaningful Christmas this year.  Below is the annual Christmas Devotional that was broadcast earlier this evening.  May you enjoy an especially peaceful Christmas this year!




1 comment:

  1. I've never heard that mormons aren't Christians but I have heard more times than I can count people say that Catholics are NOT Christians. I have no idea where this type of thinking comes from? I think certain religions highjack the term "Christian" and they think they get to decide what religious organizations are Christians and which are not. It's bizarre.

    ReplyDelete