Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Goal for 2020 -- Study and Memorize "The Living Christ"

I'm not always really big on New Year's Resolutions even though I totally believe in the importance of setting goals.   Some years I have chosen a word or a them for the year such as "Light"  or "Peace" or "Order."   I always have goals that I seem to be working on, but they are rarely "one and done" type things that are easily marked off as complete.  I tend to have goals that are more life-long and life-style type goals:   Study the scriptures every day, pray daily, attend the temple regularly, eat more veggetables and get more exercise, etc. etc. 

As we begin a new year and a new decade today, I've decided that this year I do have a New Year's resolution.  In the year 2020 I resolve to study and memorize the document "The Living Christ"  which was first announced and published 20 years ago on January 1, 2000.  It's been a long time since I've done much memorizing, so I'm not exactly sure how this will go, but I'm going to try.



I invite any of you to join in this challenge with me.
I invite all of you to check up on me and see how I'm doing throughout the year.
Thanks,
Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment