Sunday, April 10, 2016

With Humble Heart

Help me remember, I implore,
Thou gav'st thy life on Calvary,
That I might live forevermore
And grow, dear Lord, to be like thee.

(With Humble Heart, Text by Zara Sabin and Music by Thomas L Durham)

Sunday, the Sabbath, a day of Rest.  How grateful I am for a day of rest!  Aren't you?  Hopefully in your own busy, sometimes frantically so, lives, you are able to make room for a day of rest, not only for your physically body, but for your spirit.

Our family traditionally sets Sundays aside as a day for church attendance, rest, renewal of the spirit, and time for family.  The past several Sundays have been filled with conferences, which have been lovely and uplifting, but today it was good to return to our own local ward congregation, visit with our friends and neighbors, and hear their sweet testimonies and lessons.   It was also wonderful to once again partake of the ordinance of the Sacrament, where by partaking of the blessed bread and water we remember the atonement, sacrifice, and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and promise to remember Him always, and to keep his commandments.   There is no better way to renew the spirit than to partake of the Sacrament and to ponder what changes I need to make to be more like the Lord.

May you enjoy a blessed Sabbath.

With Humble Heart
  1. With humble heart, I bow my head
    And think of thee, O Savior, Lord.
    I take the water and the bread
    To show remembrance of thy word.
  2. Help me remember, I implore,
    Thou gav'st thy life on Calvary,
    That I might live forevermore
    And grow, dear Lord, to be like thee.
  3. To be like thee! I lift my eyes
    From earth below toward heav'n above,
    That I may learn from vaulted skies
    How I my worthiness can prove.
  4. As I walk daily here on earth,
    Give me thy Spirit as I seek
    A change of heart, another birth,
    And grow, dear Lord, to be like thee
    Music: Thomas L. Durham, b. 1950. (c) 1985 IRIText: Zara Sabin, 1892-1980. (c) 1985 IRI




No comments:

Post a Comment