Monday, June 8, 2015

A to Z Bloggers Relative Finder

Here's a fun activity for any of my A to Z blogging friends.  Since I spent this year's A to Z Challenge blogging about my family tree, I thought it would be interesting to find out if we are related.  Are you game?    First of all, you will need to create an account at www.familysearch.org and begin entering some basic information about your family tree.  You may be surprised to find that some of your ancestors are already a part of this huge database, and that much of your family tree is already included there!

The next step is to go to www.Relativefinder.org and join my group, BloggingAtoZ.
 Enter the password:  roadtrip

Right this minute I am the only member of the group, but I'd love to have you join so we can see how we're related!  You can also see how you are related to many other public groups such as Catholic Popes and Saints, Famous Artists, Famous Composers, Declaration signers, European Royalty, Famous  American, and many other groups.  For example I have found that I am a 6th cousin 3 times removed to James D Rockefeller.  How about it.  Are you up to finding out  who you're related to?


Let me know in the comments below if we're cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment