Sunday, March 16, 2014

Scrabble




I'm really not a huge fan of board games.  I grew up as one of the youngest of six children and have many memories of always losing to older siblings when we played Monopoly and Risk and even Sorry or Candy Land.  But, I know that it is good for kids to play games, (I've played countless games of Memory over the years) and playing games is a good way to foster family togetherness, and we have a ton of games at our house, so we often play games.  Scrabble is possibly one of my favorite board games, because, yes, sometimes I come close to winning, and occasionally I have even been known to win a game of Scrabble!   Even with my family of voracious readers and exceptional writers!  Such was the case a few weeks ago when DD3 was in town for her friend's wedding.   

When the kids are all together for holidays or vacations, we usually try to play at least one game of Scrabble along with an assortment of other of their favorites such as Settler's of Zarahemla (our version of Settlers of Cattan), Pitt, Uno, Empire Builder (unfortunately now out of print), Scattergories  Apples to Apples, or Trivial Pursuit.  It's rather quiet right now as DD4 just left to go back to school after her spring break, so I don't think we'll be playing any games here tonight.

What are your family's favorite board or card games? 

No comments:

Post a Comment